What to expect from your first visit
- Your McTimoney chiropractor will take a full case history, assessing your general health, previous conditions and existing symptoms.
- Ask your permission to conduct a thorough physical examination(this will include neurological and orthopaedic tests, if necessary.)
- A full Chiropractic explanation will be given.
- The cause of your symptoms will be explained and a treatment plan outlined(number of treatments and frequency of visits required.)
- Treatment will commence during your first visit if there are not contra-indicating factors.
Treatment is very much a partnership between you and your Chiropractor
Before your treatment starts, your chiropractor will explain to you clearly:
- The results of the examination
- The proposed treatment plan
- the benefits and any significant risksassociated with your condition and proposed treatment plan.
The number and frequency of treatments will depend on a number of factors, including:
- Extent of Injury
- Duration of Injury
- General fitness
- Stress(physical and emotional)
Once your health improves, you can choose to schedule regular check-up visits to ensure your optimum health, wellbeing and mobility is maintained .